The college was established in 1950 at Daru Shifa, Hyderabad to educate young boys and girls by instilling in them, the noble values of justice, truth and dignity of life. Initially, it was started with a two-year Intermediate course and within two years it was upgraded to a degree college in 1952. Later, the College was shifted to a spacious and centrally located "Gadwal Palace" at Nampally. In 1954, the Evening College was started to encourage the working students. As the college was growing gradually, in 1964, the college acquired a sprawling campus on Kachiguda Station Road. The college is housed in an impressive heritage building with spacious classrooms, Library, Reading Rooms, Conference Halls, Computer Labs, Audio-Visual lab and an excellent state-of-the-art auditorium. The campus atmosphere is student friendly and cosmopolitan in nature for the over - all development of the students.