The college was established in 1950 at Daru Shifa, Hyderabad, to educate young boys and girls by instilling the noble values of justice, truth and dignity of life. Initially, it was started with a two-year Intermediate Course, and within two years, it was upgraded to a degree college in 1952. Later, the college was shifted to a spacious and centrally located "Gadwal Palace" at Nampally. As the college grew gradually, in 1964, the college acquired a sprawling campus on Kachiguda station road. The college is housed in an impressive heritage building with spacious classrooms, a library, reading rooms, conference halls, computer labs, an audio-visual lab and an excellent state-of-the-art auditorium. The campus atmosphere is student-friendly and cosmopolitan for the overall development of the students.