Prof. V. Gangadar is the Director General of SGGBES
He demitted the office of the Vice-Chancellor, Mahatma Gandhi University, Nalgonda - 508001 after completing the term of 3 years on 13th August, 2010.
He was the Professor from September, 1990 onwards and he had attained superannuation on 31st December 2010 as Professor in the Department of Commerce & Business Management, Kakatiya University, Warangal.
Teaching and Research.
- 42 years experience in teaching and research.
- 25 candidates have been awarded PH.D and M.Phil. Degrees in Commerce & Business Management under his supervision.
- 03 candidates are doing research for M.Phil and PH.D degrees.
- 77 research papers were published in leading professional journals.
- 14 books were authored, co-authored and published.
- 07 Journals and Books edited and published.
- Professor of Finance & Accounting, University of Asmara, Eritrea, under UNDP for 4 years (1997 - 2000).
- Vice - Chancellor Mahatma Gandhi University, Nalgonda from 14th August 2007 to 13th August 2010.
- In - Charge Vice-Chancellor Kakatiya University, Warangal.
- Officer on Special Duty for Nalgonda University, Nalgonda.
- Special Officer for setting up of New University for Nalgonda and Mahaboobnagar Districts.
- Convener, ICET-2006, Kakatiya University, Warangal.
- Convener, ICET-2005, Kakatiya University, Warangal.
- In - charge Registrar, KU, Warangal.
- Controller of Examinations, KU, Warangal.
- Principal, University PG College, Subedari, Kakatiya University, Warangal.
- Head, Dept. of Commerce & Business Management, KU, Warangal.
- Dean, Faculty of Commerce & Business Management, KU, Warangal.
- Chairman, Board of Studies in Commerce & Business Management, KU, Warangal.
- Director and Head, School of Management studies, Sreenidhi Institute Science & Technology, Hyderabad.
- NAAC Core Committee for the preparation of NAAC report for the assessment of Kakatiya University for grading.
- Academic Senate of Kakatiya University, Warangal.
- Academic Senate of Acharya Nagarjuna University, Guntur.
- Member of Union Public Service Commission for Selection of Civil Servants.
- Member of UGC New Delhi for National Eligibility Test and member of the expert panel.
- Member of state level Faculty Eligibility Test Conducted by JNTU, Hyderabad.
AWARDS: Recipient of BEST TEACHER RESEARCH AWARD - 2006 of Kakatiya University, Warangal
As First Vice-Chancellor of Mahatma Gandhi University, the following are the accomplishments;
- Finalizing the University LOGO in consultation with experts and artists.
- Finalizing the Master Plan for the University.
- Finalization of land acquisition of 240 acres in coordination with District Administration and Government.
- Construction of the following Buildings within the given financial limits after completing all technical formalities required.
- Two Academic Buildings each one with 1.5 lakh sft for Science & Social Sciences departments.
- Hostel Buildings for Boys (1 lakh SFT). Hostel building for Ladies (60,000 SFT).
- Compound Wall with Ornamental Gate.
- Construction of Roads and Drains.
- The construction work is completed by spending Rs. 53 Crores which I could mobilize from the Government.
Launched Innovative Academic Programs like Education Plus (e-Plus), e-Business Club in collaboration with Hindu, Organizing seminars and conferences, implementation of merit scholarships, Earn While You Learn schemes etc.
- Appointed an Expert Committee under the Chairmanship of Prof. R. Radhakrishna, Chairman, National Statistical Commission, New Delhi, an eminent Researcher and former Vice-Chancellor of Andhra University to prepare a blue print of -Futuristic Academic Plan for the Growth and Development of Mahatma Gandhi University. The report was submitted to the government for its approval.
- Appointed an Expert Committee for preparing the draft Statutes & Ordinances for university under the Chairmanship of Prof. P.S.N. Reddy, Osmania University. The draft Statutes & Ordinances prepared by the committee are approved by M & DC and forwarded to the Government for the assent of the Hon-ble Governor.
- Started 13 courses which are useful to the region and more sought after by the students.
- Made Stop-gap arrangement immediately for Girls and Boys Hostels (Students Managed Hostels) for their comfortable stay.
- Took steps in Building up of the temporary laboratories and libraries.
- Started NSS Unit with the approval of Programme Advisor, Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports, Govt. of India and Govt. of A.P.
- Organized Career Awareness Recruitment Drive (CARD) Programmes in collaboration with A.P. State Council of Higher Education-ISM, NASSCOM, TMI Network and Orbit Consulting.
- Maintained the Campus discipline and free from ragging.